The Oprah Magazine will celebrate its 10th anniversary in New York City from May 7-9, and registration for the Live Your Best Life Walk on Sunday, May 9 is now open.
Oprah Winfrey and special guests will lead a walk to raise money for 10 charities, selected by the editors of O, The Oprah Magazine. The top 10 fundraisers will walk alongside Oprah, and a celebration at the finish line for all participants will close the weekend’s festivities.
The walk takes place on the final day of the weekend-long celebration, and is open to all who want to take part and give back. A limited number of tickets are still available for the Live Your Best Life Weekend event at oprah.com/oturns10, but even non-ticket holders can participate as well.
Special guests scheduled to appear include: singer, actress and comedian, Bette Midler, singer/songwriter Mary J. Blige, singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman, country musician Emmylou Harris, singer/songwriter Neko Case, Twilight actress Rachelle Lefevre, House actress Lisa Edelstein, cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Oz, actor Sam Waterston, singer/songwriter Caitlin Crosby, Food Network celebrity chef’s Aaron McCargo, Jr. and Mindy Segal and more!
The 10 charities benefitting from the Live Your Best Life Walk are:
- A Better Chance – providing young people of color with educational opportunities to help them assume positions of leadership in American society.
- Best Friends Animal Society – bringing about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets.
- Camp Cope – helping the children of wounded, deployed and fallen service members cope with the effects of war and the sacrifices they are asked to make.
- FFAWN – Mary J. Blige’s foundation that inspires women from all walks of life to gain the confidence and skills they need to reach their individual potential.
- HealthCorps – a proactive health movement founded by Dr. Mehmet Oz to help American students and communities take charge of their health.
- New York Restoration Project (NYRP) – carrying out founder Bette Midler’s dream of a cleaner, more beautiful New York City.
- Oceana – dedicated to restoring and protecting the world’s oceans.
- The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) – funding research to find a method of early detection and ultimately a cure for ovarian cancer.
- Partners in Health – working to deliver quality health care to communities devastated by poverty and disease.
- Share Our Strength – working to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.
To register and learn more about the Live Your Best Life Walk visit www.oprah.com/walk. Upon signing up, walkers will choose the organization they want to support. Registration fee is $30 plus a service fee. Each participant will receive a LYBL Walk T-Shirt.
or visit http://www.oneheartchannel.com